There is an overlap between UFO phenomena and the occult which can lead even an intelligent man into a gilded trap. For this reason, some references for further reading are not included.
I regret I cannot in good conscience link to material which may cause spiritual harm to the reader.
UFOs are a topic that is both wildly popular and very embarrassing.
If aliens from other planets travel to Earth in ETVs (Extra-Terrestrial Vehicles) then it dramatically alters our view of ourselves.
If they don’t, then enthusiasts are cranks.
Category confusion inhibits a scientific approach to this phenomenon; when a UFO can be anything from a mylar baloon, to an alien abduction, to a simple hoax, it is difficult to study the topic in a serious manner.
UFOs: The Actors
We may list 10 types of human actors in the UFO ‘industry:’
1. Ordinary people who have had an unusual experience.
2. Military personnel who have had an unusual experience.
3. Unusual people who have had unusual experiences i.e. psychics.
4. Kneejerk skeptics.
5. UFO professionals who write books and host seminars.
6. Journalists following up a story.
7. Agents of the military, industrial and intelligence complex who wish to keep the truth hidden and do so aggressively.
8. Honest government representatives who present to the enquirer the evidence they have to hand, if any.
9. The ignorant.
– Bob Lazar seems a good candidate, on paper, for someone who has genuinely worked on ETV technology.
– Steven Greer pointed out a problem in trying to study this phenomenon rationally: category confusion. UFOs are not one singular type of object; they are multiple.
In this article I expand on this idea and record a summary of my online reading of the subject. The reader may take or leave it. This is an exotic subject, which, because it overlaps with human abnormal psychology, is not properly quantifiable. Qualitatively, it is a minefield.
I propose it should be studied anthropologically: A section of the population claims a set of experiences. Let the scientist participate in the experiences, record them, discard the outliers and dispassionately analyse what remains.
UFOs: The Objects
To record my recollections on this subject, I propose the following:
A UFO sighting can fall into one of the following categories:
– A natural aerial phenomenon misidentified;
– A common artificial human creation: sunlight glinting on an aeroplane, on a satellite or on a mylar balloon;
– An uncommon artificial human creation: a new type of aeroplane or spacecraft which has not yet been publicised.
– A secret, human, highly-advanced, space-capable ‘black’ project;
– An alien spacecraft;
– An alien interdimensional craft;
– Mere demonic activity;
– Fakery effected by the military, industrial and intelligence complex;
– Fake video or CGI footage authored by private persons;
– An hallucination.
– A lie.
If you limit your categories, you miss hypotheses.
Fake: UFO, Meersburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Photo by StefanXp via Wikipedia. (Note the size-relationship of the object to the township below, and to the photographer’s position, and how the object is lit.)
Disputed: TR-3B Astra. Manufacturer: Unknown. Photo by Gabor Batta via Wikipedia.
Possibly valid: Polyhedron UFO, Medellin, Columbia. The object is travelling a little too slow to be a human aircraft and a little too fast and too purposefully to be a natural phenomenon. It has no obvious control surfaces. It is not blurred. It is flying in daylight and was filmed by pilots. Its altitude is also interesting. However, it could still be a balloon of some kind propelled by the wind; it’s not going fast enough to rule out wind propulsion. Unfortunately, it did not change course at an angle, which would be a sign that it was a powered autonomous vehicle, and not merely drifting.
Aliens: The Psychic Element
Are some Unidentified Flying Objects actually alien spacecraft? Possibly.
– If there are other living beings on other planets in the Universe;
– And some of those beings have developed practical interstellar space travel;
– And most planets in this universe are dead;
– Why wouldn’t those beings come and visit our most fertile and unusual planet?
Some aliens have one or more the following qualities:
– Are insubstantial in material terms;
– Are perceived mostly by psychic means;
– Dwell in the lower atmosphere ;
– Have variants on classic demon names like Ashtar (Astarte/Ashtaroth), Semjaze (Semjaza) and Moraney (Moroni);
– Deny key aspects of Christianity (e.g. the divinity of Christ);
– Grant power on foot of dangerous bargains ;
– Leave scorch marks;
– Cause fear in the humans they encounter;
– Torture human beings.
These are the traditional characteristics of demons.
It would be delightful to think that benevolent aliens from distant planets walk among us, except some/many behave too much like man’s oldest foe.
Viewed objectively, some behaviours of aliens look very like those of traditional demons of Hell. Victims are assaulted and terrified, rendered temporarily helpless by strange ethereal creatures, usually at night. This may be viewed as a modern twist of an old folk experience: meeting an inhuman creature which prefers to operate in darkness.
Non-religious persons are more comfortable with the idea of aliens, so the entities may be giving the public what it expects and/or wants to see.
In the background, one or more central tenets of Christianity are denied and thus those who believe ‘alien’ theories over doctrinal Christian faith will go to Hell when they die.
An old trick is being played in at least some cases: The seeker after wisdom thinks he is being initiated into a great secret. The wise man knows that this is merely an update on an old lie: “You shall be like God.”
The knowledge they gain makes their life life worse long-term, not better. They give away their liberty, life and soul for little-to-nothing. I perceive that those affected by UFO phenomena suffer, and not just because of the skepticism of their hearers.
Another piece of evidence to support the demonic vector is that ‘channeled’ space aliens have moved farther out in the cosmos accordingly as mere astrophysicists discovered that places like Venus and Mars were utterly devoid of life. The cause: the ‘aliens’ are in fact con-artists.
Nowadays locations like the Pleiades and the Andromeda galaxy are mentioned by modern Pythias as the source of their inspirations.
I read a long account of the history of alien activity on Earth as channelled by a psychic, who I think is semi-famous. It’s certainly detailed, but has elements that immediately arouse suspicion. These are its Gnostic elements which are primarily:
– A dualistic idea of God;
– The non-divinity of Christ;
– The reliance on accounts of spiritualist and non-material phenomena;
– The devil (Lucifer) portrayed as merely being understood;
– Traditional demons portrayed as mere aliens;
– The focus on ascension to near-godhood.
This is very disappointing and annoying. People can waste their lives on this trash and make themselves mentally and spiritually ill if they practice meditative techniques associated with this strain of occultism.
An informed Catholic knows that ‘All the gods of the gentiles are devils’; demons can appear as angels of light, pagan gods, aliens from outer space, or your dead grandma. They want to divert you away from that which would get you to Heaven. It is one reason why psychic activity is forbidden by the Church; if you get involved in modern paganism, you will likely need the services of an exorcist in due course. Thus we Catholics think that occultists are sinners who risk damnation, for perfectly obvious reasons.
Thus, in cause of truth, and to be safe, we must state: All occultism is spiritualism and all the spirits are demons.
Now, dear reader, you know more than most armchair occultists. And UFOlogists!
Aliens: On Their Own Terms
That said, solely based upon my reading of some very unusual websites, if (big if!) there are truly independent, corporeal alien entities in our midst, the following logically follows:
Reptilians and Greys are obviously out to subdue and enslave us and use us the way we use cattle. The rest need to be closely watched and judged on their behaviour, over time.
Politicians and entrepreneurs think they are clever. They never seem to deduce that there could be more than a few entities on our beautiful, rich, diverse blue bauble that are a good deal smarter and more brutal than we are, and who covet our rich planet badly. It’s a possibility, if nothing else. Most of the Universe appears dead and barren. And then, there’s Earth.
The Indians of the New World ceded America to ‘aliens’ like that. The Indians of the old world couldn’t see that the English were supporting the weak against the strong, and then took over completely.
A criminal can conceal his true self on day one. After months of acquaintance, the mask will slip, once, thrice and three times is the charm. Sadly, his victims often refuse to notice, as the realisation would be painful.
We can see that is it likely that most planets in the universe are dead. How valuable then is our home? What would alien beings do when they find it?
Therefore, purely for self-preservation, we should assume the worst, prepare for the worst and hope for the best .
At one end of the scale of UFO activity there is the man who has an experience he can’t explain driving along a country road at night. At the other end there are corporate actors who do not want certain advances in human scientific knowledge to become widely known, for military and economic reasons. It is a fact that there have been no great leaps forward in any of the sciences since Hiroshima.
In the middle there are many people who claim that a) They are psychic and b) They are communicating with alien beings telepathically.
If even one of the above types of reports were shown conclusively to be valid, it would change human society forever.
It is the opinion of the author that bad actors will infiltrate any business or convention to disrupt genuine material advances in the areas of ETVs (Extra Terrestrial Vehicles), anti-gravity and free energy. The current ascendancy has too much to lose to let another Tesla succeed and get famous.
Add in those who deliberately spoof phenomena, and the data gets nicely muddled.
Then we have the fact that scientists are not stage magicians; they are not prepared by their profession to spot someone who is an intelligent fraud.
Also, anything that has a hint of the psychic is career-death for any scientist with tenure.
This does not mean there are not aliens out there; it means that discerning the truth from a lie is difficult, enervating and time-consuming.
Some UFOs, if they are from a higher spatial dimension, could simply be the equivalent of a human being sticking a waterproof flashlight into a pond and frightening the fish.
The fish see this alarming light attached to a cylinder thing looming over them, and cannot see or comprehend what it truly is, nor its totality.
Three-dimensional beings like ourselves would only appear as a mere circle if we intersected with a flat two-dimensional environment.
Likewise, a 4D being, or craft, may look like a glowing orb or other odd shape while intersecting with our more limited 3D environment. The phenomenon is simply a partial intrusion into our frame of reference of something greater, and stranger.
I have seen 3 UFOs in my lifetime:
1. As a boy in the back of a car in rural Ireland, travelling at night, with my family. I saw an dull-glowing, orange sphere which was too large and too high off the ground, at the wrong time of day to be a balloon, in the near distance, over farmland, in the west.
2. Travelling east-west on the Shoeburyness to Fenchurch St. (or Southend Victoria to Liverpool St.) train line, in London, on a sunny day, some years ago. Sighted north-west, high, above low clouds, in the afternoon, a silver metallic object flying too low and too fast to be a normal aircraft.
3. Travelling some years ago on the No. 69 Bus Walthamstow to Canning Town on a Sunday at about 5.10pm, in Upper Road, Plaistow E16, east London, as you approach the cemetery, viewing south-south-west, from the top deck.
I saw a vapour trail in the far distance, inclined at about a 70-degree angle, heading upwards. The trail was too long and at the wrong angle to be a local aircraft. It looked like a rocket’s vapour trail, except Britain doesn’t have a space program.
I saw nothing in the papers about it, but then people have a great capacity to ignore strange phenomena, especially in cities, where there are too many stimuli; it’s a comfort mechanism.
(I was on a train station platform in Stratford E15 once when a fine display of UK military aircraft passed over at low altitude on their way to honour a dignitary in central London and almost nobody looked up!)
 Why are such craft not commonplace?
– It’s sound military practice not to reveal an advantage to the enemy until it becomes absolutely necessary to do so.
– I suspect such craft do not make good warfighting machines, due to their electromagnetic ‘cocoon’; how does one fire a rocket or a stream of bullets through it? One would have to switch it off. If the cocoon is also necessary for propulsion …
 Not all devils are subterranean. There is a class that are known to occultists as ‘demons of the air.’
 There are reports of 20th century governments making deals with ‘aliens’ in return for technical knowledge, usually weapons-based. The ‘joke’ is, these entities could simply be demons meddling in human affairs, in a new guise. The horror is, such bargains tend to go badly for the weaker party. They will be destroyed in this world, or the next, or both!
 On some websites it’s claimed that tyrannical aliens were forced off-planet in 2013. One reason is that, more charitable aliens felt that their actions were too destructive and not aligned with a/the long-term ‘cosmic agenda.’ If true, then good. The stories I read were utterly diabolical. The Reptilians & co were not just harming humans physically, they were harming them spiritually, by psycho-technical methods. Utterly vile.